Aussie Erosion supply and install the the following products and services, Silt Fencing, Silt Socks, Jute Matting, Jute Mesh, Hydroseeding, Hydromulching, Revegetation, Sandbags.
Aussie Erosion provides an erosion and sediment control service to the Building and Construction Industries from Brisbane through to the Wide Bay Burnett region.
Environmental protection of our creeks and waterways from sediment, turbidity and soil nutrients is crucial in maintaining the health of our river systems.
Local Council's and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are now taking a hard line on people who haven't established sufficient erosion control measures on construction sites, and will now hand out on the spot fines to offenders. Some people who may be at risk of getting fined may be anyone disturbing the soil to create the potential to cause erosion. These people can include Residential Developers, Builders, Civil Developers and private land owners.
Silt fences are one of a number of erosion control measures you can use to prevent erosion from happening. For best results we suggest to use silt fences in conjunction with other techniques, as no one erosion control measure will be totally successful.
Influences on erosion are:
- Soil type. Especially soil texture and chemistry, clay soils are more likely to cause environmental harm, while sandy soils are more likely to cause drainage problems.
- Slope. The steeper and longer the slope, the greater the risk for erosion and sedimentation.
- Soil exposure. The greater the duration of disturbance, the greater the risk of erosion and sedimentation.
- Climate/season. Rainfall (intensity and duration) together with high winds can influence erosion and sedimentation.
- Size and location of the site. Confined steep sites are often harder to manage.
- Type of work being done on site. Different types of construction produce various levels of erosion.
When dealing with Aussie Erosion you can be sure to receive a prompt, professional service being up to date on all legislation and Council requirements whilst committed to customer satisfaction.