This restaurant must have the worst service in my 20 year history, and when you call to complain, they become disrespectful, doesn't want to hear about it and terminate the call. One star is honestly too much for this place!
1. You came in with a voucher that was not valid;
2. Even if the voucher were valid, you came in at 3:00pm when the voucher explicitly states that the voucher was valid for dinner only - 5:00pm to 9:30pm (the restaurant opens at 5pm);
3. We do not have a waitress working in the restaurant during dinner service. The waitress that you refer to works in the cafe;
4. You did not book by email prior to arriving as is required and explicitly stated on the voucher;
5. You demanded to be able to use the voucher because you traveled 40kms in the rain. I am sorry for your travel time and the weather but these are not under my control;
6. You threatened negative reviews on the Internet and social media. Fortunately, I believe that our customers and prospective customers can distinguish between a legitimate bad review and someone with an axe to grind (you did not even eat at the restaurant).
Discovered a lot of problems eating here, but most notable was the questionable cleanliness of the restaurant. I am unsure if they are paying attention to food safety and for this reason, I will not be returning.
Dear Ellie, It is very difficult to address a complaint that is so general in nature. What exactly are the 'alot of problems' that you refer to? The restaurant is extremely clean and abides by food safety standards as required by local and state Govt. I do not understand how you can come to a decision without having any basis for it. Generally speaking, you would have no idea if most restaurants are abiding by food safety standards because you are not in the kitchen or where food is being handled. Why you would even question the food standards is extremely suspicious in itself.
Best Indian I have eaten in Sydney bar none. I have eaten at most of the Indian restaurants in North Sydney/Crows Nest/St Leonards in order to try and find a good one and I have just found it. Food is absolutely amazing! I am from the UK where good Indian restaurants are on every corner but have found it quite difficult to find a good one here. Bay Tandoori is the best one I have come across thus far.