This is my worst nightmare online shopping experience and hope no one has to go through this stress like my case.
In April 2013, I made an order online for my bed frame from fancyhomes after discussed with management (everything seems to be straight forward).
The bed frame was delivered on 25th June 2013 with faulty issues.
- stain on the cover (issue fixed - the shop asked me to wash it myself. Had to wash a few times till the stain disappear)
- legs supplied didn't match the instruction sheet
- the screws for attaching the legs were too short (issue fixed by supplying the new screws after 3-4 weeks
- there are several of times that the staffs said something like I should get someone else to assemble the bed when I stated the issues of what wrong with their bed. It made me feel like I am stupid have no idea how to assemble the bed
- legs for base were too long doesn't match the height of the outer frame
- one part of the base was welded incorrectly (90 degrees wrong way) ... they said they will organise the handyman or someone to fix the problem for me but this never happened. I even go around and search for one that can fixed the issue but management emailed me said it's too expensive.
I went through consumer affair hoping they can help me sort this out but unfortunately they can't do anymore from me.
After Consumer Affair call them. Management came over to my house in early October to inspect the issues and said that they will send the new legs and base approximately in 1 week time. I end up received the correct size legs at the end of November - 2 months after they came over - not 1 week)
I called them up and asked about the base, they told me that I had to wait until they open a store in Melbourne after I have been waiting for over 5 months.
At the end the sent a new base over.... But not in the condition that I can except i.e. with water damage and mould.
It has been 6 months but doesn't seem like they will make this easy for me based on their email response.
I paid for a fully functional bed, not a faulty one. I was expecting a decent service from the store. I really was thinking that buying products in Australia is a safer way to buy from overseas but it doesn't guarantee that to.
Note: Refund is not an option for me as I already paid $240 for freight which is not refundable plus they want me to send the bed back to them.
They said they have never had problem with their products and I was the first person who make a complain about their product. I also found out that I am not the only person how have problems with their product.