Reviews of Peters furniture removals
Dodgy and evasive - I am currently trying to get $500 back from Peters Furniture removals. I had booked them a month in advance to move me interstate and paid them a deposit. The day before I was to leave they tell me they couldn't come and would refund my money. I am still waiting! I have called, emailed, spoken on the phone numerous times and keep being told my refund has been approved and then I receive nothing. I am now about to take this further. Poor form, disappointing and stressful. As if moving interstate is not hard and stressful enough, you then then get done by dodgy removalists. They get half star as you can't just leave this at zero stars.
The ONLY reason that Peter's Furniture Removals got even half a star is because I eventually got my stuff. They are officially the worst company I have ever dealt with. Extremely unprofessional and unhelpful. Let me give you a run down:
1. When we asked for a quite we listed a Sunday. They then quoted us the sunday. we then paid the deposit. 4 days before the move I noticed the deposit slip had the date for Monday on it. When I called and asked they said they dont work on Sundays. They never told us!
2. They didn't even come on the Monday or have the courtesy to ring and say they wont make it. They emailed us AFTER we emailed them. They then said they will definately make by Wednesday. I had to now pay extra rent because my stuff was still in my house even when I wasnt living there.
3. On Wednesday, I was working so a friend was meeting them there between certain hours. they did not arrive in the allocated time and tried to tell my friend that they couldnt come that day.
4. We were then told via email that they would deliver on friday. We got another email saying pay the remainder "in order to avoid further delays in delivery"!
5. They did not come on friday and only after we rang and emailed did we get an email saying they will come on saturday.
6. The stuff finally came at the very last moment inside the window they had told us. That day and time was almost 1:00pm on Christmas Eve!