Having read some the reviews I want to post something positive as our experience has been the opposite. Firstly, we have been dealing with Sundown for over 20 years starting when we lived in Fairfield and continuing as we have been landscaping our new property in Epping. We like dealing with Sundown for a number of reasons:
1. Overall their prices are the most competitive in Sydney that we have found and we have been to most nurseries between Canley Vale and Dural. Only Cumberland Forest beats Sundown on Australian natives some of the time. All the nurseries around Epping charge a premium for landscaping materials. In one case, a nursery and landscape material supplier located north of Normanhurst, had similar prices according to my neighbour but short changed on quantity.
2. We trust that they will provide the volume ordered without short changing
3. All the drivers that we have encountered provide real confidence as they reverse into our back yard with 300mm of the fence and the house. (We tried another landscape company of advice from our neighbour and the driver struggled as he went in nose first instead on the 'no brainer' reversing into the yard!)
4. We have bought many dozens of fruit trees and plants. All except one failed to sprout. Sundown exchanged the tree without asking if we are regular customers or anything
5. Handling of mistakes in deliveries. In 20 years of deliveries we have only experienced one mistake. In that instance 10 bags or so of Gypsum never made it on the truck. The driver was exptremely apologetic. Despite telling Sundown that there is no rush to get the gypsum, Sundown had delivered the gypsum withing 3 or so hours. That is service.