RUN AWAY, BABY
A lot to say so let's bullet point this:
- after the job tried to repeatedly charge credit card without sending an invoice
- came to an agreement on price given the issues and discounted slightly
- charged the card then one month later charged the discount amount with no authorisation without advising
- upon calling them multiple times, they said the person who handles it was not in, they did not know when they would be in and they have lodged a query blah blah blah you can call them all you want won't do much good
- promised a "circa 7am" arrival on the day then would not answer phone calls until approximately 9am (turned up at 1030am) - they were not sorry at all and asked if we would like to cancel the job when we had been waiting hours (wish we had)
- broke wine on a lounge then said it was because it was not packed correctly (wine was packed in wine boxes with dividers, packed as it arrives with couriers + had fragile tape around it) - one box of wine also went missing (may not have been them but funny coincidence) - after we saw how they worked we put aside anything extremely fragile and drove it over ourselves
- did not use blankets or any protective equipment (stacked the truck with no planning involved and despite being told this is dropped off on the way put it aside (4 times) they put it toward the back, had to do an extra drop off and charged for this)
As everyone says their phone manner sells them well
- I must congratulate them on how they have set themselves up and marketed. There are some cheap removalists, some of whom are great but these guys have marketed themselves as premium so you think you will pay more and get better service but this is highly unlikely from them.
- the only thing they are good at is phone manner before the job and charging credit cards. Very efficient financially.