Joined 14 December 2007
We purchased a leather lounge and were hoping to get the item that we have paid for.
The item arrived with the following issues:
1. The item was packaged inappropriately. The head cushions which has long metal bars on them were pushed directly on the seats during shipping. As a result, the lounge is now pushed inside and looks loose. Based on the staff's advice, I waited to see if the lounge will return to its original place, but this did not occur.
2. The foam that is used in the lounge is totally different to the one we have seen in the shop. The one that was in the shop is firm. We sat on the lounge and the leather stayed as is when standing. However, the delivered lounge is very soft. When we sit on it, it stays down and the leather clearly becomes soft with lines on it.
3. All the cushions have 2 lines of halls on the top. It seems that they decided to change the design. We agreed with the staff on having all the cushions to be leather with the brown colour that we have selected. This is obviously not the case.
4. The wooden table of the lounge came in a black colour. The one that we have selected was the same as the one in the stock floor which is a mix of 2 brown colours.
5. We have paid for the delivery and discussed in the shop that the lounge will be delivered and assembled by the staff's team upon arrival. However, the staff had no one with them. They clearly mentioned requiring our assistance to get the item taken into the unit and they kept on bumping the lounge left and right. They also stated that they are not there to assemble the item. As a result, I had to help them in carrying the item. Furthermore, I got a carpenter to make the assembly for the item and had to pay an additional $100.
Cutting long story short, all the pictures were sent to them. Need to mention that is not the one who filled our papers. The saw the pictures in the email and agreed to return the lounge as they were not happy to fix the issues in the lounge. After a long process, they took the item on the 23rd of December 2011 under the promise that they will be paying me my money back. When they received the lounge, they did not agree to return the money. They said a contradiction. In their email, they clearly acknowledged the issue with the dents in the lounge, the front holes in the cushions that we have received and the incorrect colour of the wood supposed to be on the lounge. However, they also stated that the purchased item is in perfect condition.
What a contradiction. Now we have to go to court and get this issue sorted. This company is never to do business with. They are very unprofessional and uncustomer friendly.
Terrible place, dirty and unproffessional. All tables have food left on them. Staff have no time for you, will tell customer, can't you see we re busy and can't get you tea. Very under staffed and people are terrible. I hoped that food will be good, you know waited half an hour for fatte, guess what, terrible again. will never go there again.
Start collecting badges now
The more reviews you write on TrueLocal, the more badges you earn. Wear yours with pride.