seanaussie Local Star
My name's Sean. I've lived in Sydney, Adelaide, Launceston & visited every state of Australia - that's why they call me seanaussie! So I've reviewed anywhere that either annoys me, amazes me or ably accepts me into their establishment! I hope my reviews help you as you travel around too.
Joined 04 March 2008 Modbury Heights, SA
Latest Photos View all 735 photos
Latest Reviews View all 913 reviews
I'm sad to say that this company's products and customer service just don't match what their important products promise. After considerable research & energy to find a product, we purchased an S-911 bracelet ST (watch) from them to assist tracking a family member with health issues. Their website promised things such as 'state of the art software' and 'ease of use'. These words should never be used unless they're true.
The positive feature of this watch is it does lock in as promised so it can't come off even if knocked (though it did take a full hour of fiddling with it when first gotten to make the locking mechanism work as it was not correctly fitted nor did it have good instructions).
The negatives far outweigh this. To summarise
* The whole system comes with appallingly few instructions either online, by email, in the box, or really any way. An email outlining several problems was semi-helpfully answered but it's shockingly clear that this product is made somewhere in the non-English speaking world, imported here and then left in the hands of people here. This company is Australian owned - but their products are not designed for the Australian audience.
* Their tracking abilities are average at best - it regularly lost contact both inside and outside, and was frequently way out in terms of where it was showing it was & where it actually was. It regularly reported itself as being outside of a preset area when infact it just was sitting in exactly the same spot all the time, well inside the preset area.
* The software and web based solutions lack any ease of use (once again it's clear they're not created by someone with a good grasp of the English language). It took several hours of setup to make any sense of it and even then it was never ever clear if it infact was doing what it was designed for.
* Costs of the ongoing tracking options were not clearly outlined before purchase, and were very difficult to pry out of the company. For example, only after the watch sending several SMS' to advise (incorrectly) that the watch was out of range plus another several SMS stating (incorrectly) that it had been dropped, did we discover that each SMS costs per SMS.
* The watch could not tell the time correctly. That's really a pretty basic thing for a watch. Enough said...
I could go on but I hope this has helped you see this isn't really a good option. All up unfortunately this purchase of several hundred dollars was a waste of time and resources that - instead of creating peace of mind - created extra stress and should have been avoided. I really would love to give this business 5 stars. And if they'd even been able to offer half of what it looked like they would, I'd give them 6 stars. But instead they get half a star.
My only negative comment about this store is that I can't go in without buying something!! Having said that, if you're looking for a specific title or author this isn't the place to go. It's more where you go when you're buying that random present for someone you know a little and know what they like a little. Whether you're looking for something funny, cookbooks, novels or you don't even really know what you're looking for but know they like to read - you'll find something here in whatever price range you have. This store does move around from shop to shop, but when you find it then I'd certainly recommend going in...as long as there's money in your wallet!
Really, there's no shortage of pizza shops in Modbury. It's true this one has been around for a while and they started out as being cheap. However since they franchised and added gourmet and other pizzas their price went up while quality went down. As a result, their gourmet pizzas aren't nice but are overpriced, and their cheap pizzas aren't cheap and also aren't all that nice. Not somewhere I go anymore.
Visiting here today was like a rerun of a bad movie. Maybe the movie 'Frozen' - you'll see why in a minute!
After 3 years of not visiting here, in a rush we came through today. Order taking was a bit quicker than 3 years ago, but it still ended up being a long visit as it took them ages to prepare our 3 tiny meals. It's a tiny kitchen but I counted 5 staff in it all looking at each other, perhaps trying to work out where the chicken was (they actually did run out of fillets after my order?!?)
Then came the frozen bit. As my wife bit into her original fillet burger, she mentioned it was cold. Then she noticed the bread & lettuce was actually not just cold, but frozen! I took one feel of my zinger works burger and sure enough it was also cold. A bite confirmed that my bread & lettuce too was...frozen!
So I went up to the counter (we were the only customers in the store). The staredown began as the 5 staff looked busily around at each other in the kitchen & I waited at the counter. After 1 minute had passed, I actually had to call out to them. To their credit when I gave them the burger they immediately offered to replace it (my wife had just taken off the frozen parts because she doesn't like lettuce anyway!). There was no apology, just an offer to replace it.
After a couple of minutes they brought my burger to the table with a rather muted and very quick apology. I'm a bit confused about this as it was incredibly clear that there was a problem with the bun & lettuce: anyone who even took a brief feel of it would know that it was frozen, even through rubber gloves.
Can you guess what happened next? Yep, a frozen re-run! I honestly thought I must have been imagining it, but got my wife to check and lo and behold my second zinger works burger also contained frozen lettuce and partially frozen bun. I really truly can't believe they didn't notice this this time.
So I followed my wife's lead, took the lettuce out, broke off the frozen part of the bun & left vowing to never return again.
(I did give them half a star as my daughter's popcorn chicken wasn't frozen...Infact they were so hot she couldn't eat them at first!!)