My name's Sean. I've lived in Sydney, Adelaide, Launceston & visited every state of Australia - that's why they call me seanaussie! So I've reviewed anywhere that either annoys me, amazes me or ably accepts me into their establishment! I hope my reviews help you as you travel around too.
Joined 04 March 2008 Modbury Heights, SA
If I were to give my expectations for a 4.5 star hotel (which this claims to be), there'd be several this hotel wouldn't meet. For example:
* The bed was saggy - both in the middle and sides
* The aircon remote didn't work when we got there - it was fixed after I asked, but I'm not sure why they hadn't picked this up
* The note on the aircon remote that said "don't turn this below 23 or flooding will occur', plus the note requesting 4 minute or less showers - they're just not professional or something I want to care about when I'm on holidays
* The wifi didn't work in our room
* The previously stated 'free newspaper to your room' turned into 'newspapers you can borrow from reception' (wonder what would have happened if I'd gone to reception in my 'night attire'...)
* The exterior of the hotel and the passageways desperately need a lift out of the 70's
Having said that, there were some great things about this - hence my 3.5 *'s. I loved:
* The spa - it was huge and worked a charm
* The shower - great water pressure, nice and big, very enjoyable (I spent more than 4 minutes in it...)
* The room was huge, if you took a cat with you it was certainly big enough that you could have swung the cat around and had room to spare!
* The room was incredibly well soundproofed (and light-proofed). Even though rooms are next to each other & it's on a main room, we literally didn't hear a single sound the whole time we were in the room, and the thick blinds kept light out well.
'In the middle' (ie not horrible or wonderful):
* The breakfast had generous amounts of bacon, eggs, hash browns, cereals. However it was more than a bit weird that the toasters were as old as me, ran out of a dodgy old power board and had a big note asking to only put 1 piece of toast in per toaster (?!?). Also there were no pastries despite them being promised, and nice coffees cost ridiculous amounts of money.
* Staff were sufficiently friendly but not what I'd call professional.
All up I suspect that for what I paid, I'd get about the same service at other hotels - though they wouldn't call themselves 4.5 stars, and I wouldn't call this a 4.5* hotel - maybe 3.5.
After reading negative reviews on this company (after we'd booked them - gulp!), we weren't sure what to expect.
Have to say that on the whole I was quite happy with their service - especially when they were the most competitive price.
They picked our goods up exactly on the day we booked, and brought them to Adelaide on the day they said. We'd been communicating with them through the whole process as we had questions and updates of our goods - and each time we'd got a response within a day. Also spoke to the driver of the truck on the way & he gave us a very accurate idea of when they would arrive.
On the negative side, they weren't as gentle with our goods as I might have liked, and although there were 3 removalists they often brought goods in just with one of them lifting where really it should have had 2 in order to be more precise and careful. A couple of our items were damaged and the insurance we ordered through them didn't work out economic enough to claim with a $250 excess and the goods weren't valuable enough to make it worth it. Discussions with the company didn't really go anywhere although they were polite enough.
Not sure if I'd use them again, though at their price we probably got what we paid for.
Needed to re-review this after a poor experience. On a half hour break, I was already rushed by waiting 10 minutes in line. The further 7 minute wait for my order made it worse. After shoveling down my barely edible meal (no apology from staff for the delay), I thought I'd go to the bathroom. Perhaps, I thought, all the staff were cleaning them - hence the wait for food. Not to be - they were disgusting - sticky floor, dirty basin, and 2 empty wine casks next to the loo.
Start collecting badges now
The more reviews you write on TrueLocal, the more badges you earn. Wear yours with pride.