Make your business stand out on True Local by ensuring your listing is complete and up to date.
We’ve created a check list to help you make the most out of your business listing. The more updated content you have, the better your page will appeal to users.
Update Your Business Details
- Business Name – Have you checked for the correct spelling?
- Slogan – Describe your business in one phrase. What is your key message?
- Description – Write a few descriptive sentences about your business to help entice a customer to find out more about the products or services you offer. You have about 500 words so keep it concise with your key points. Don’t forget to mention the products and services you offer – you’d be surprised how many businesses forget to include this!
- Phone Numbers – Make it easy for customers to contact you by providing both mobile and landline numbers.
- Email Address – List the email address where people can submit queries to you.
- Website – Link your business website or Facebook page for people to find out more.
- Opening Hours – Let people know when you are open
- Payment Options – What payment options do you accept?
Add Your Location
Make it easy for people to find you with the correct address and map location.
Select The Most Relevant Category and Services
Choose the most relevant category and services for your business so that you can appear in the most relevant search results.
Add Business Registration Details
Displaying your ABN and ACN gives your business credibility and provides potential customers with peace of mind when considering your business.
Post Your Current Deals
Are you running any special discounts or promotions? Tell people about it!
- Sum up your deal in one line for the title.
- Make sure your deal has genuine value, ideally a real dollar amount.
- Be transparent and let customers know any limits regarding the deal.
Ask Your Customers to Leave Reviews and Comments
Reviews and comments are the best way to connect with your customers. Thank people for their feedback – it gives potential customers a glimpse at your customer service skills. You can learn more about handling reviews on our FAQs page.
Upload Your Logo and Images
A picture paints a thousand words! Our reports show that business listings with 10 or more photos can get up to 7 times more views*. Good quality images give potential customers more reason to trust your products and services.
- All images should ideally be at least 500 pixels high.
- A photo of your friendly staff shows your human side. If you have won an award, why not show it off too? It’s all about credibility and trust.
- Make your captions count. People are likely to scan photos and captions before reading content on the page so use your captions to highlight what your image is about.
Attach Any Relevant Documents
Add an attachment such as a price list, menu or flyer to help people learn more about your products and services. PDF, Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents are all acceptable.
Have you ticked all the boxes? Refer back to the check list at any time – remember to keep your information updated!