Just visited a new café, or had a fabulous haircut and want to thank your hairdresser? Share your experience by writing a review for the business.
Did you know? Your opinion will help others make a purchase decision. So, we’ve got a few tips for writing that first review.
It’s all about your personal experience
Always write a business review from your own first-hand experience. Cover all the elements that made your experience a good (or not-so-good) one. Here’s a few prompts to get you thinking:
- How is the décor?
- Was the staff friendly and welcoming?
- If it’s a café, how was the food and drink? How much time did you wait for your order? How are the noise levels?
- If it’s a plumber, did they turn up on time? Was your place left clean after the work was done?
Share whatever is important to you when you have an experience with that kind of business.
Write your review in a conversational tone, as though you were telling your friend about the experience. Include any useful tips, such as must-try menu items or busy times to avoid, and whether you’d recommend the business overall. Keep it light-hearted and don’t be afraid to add a little humour and vivid descriptions to make your review more interesting.
Had an average experience?
Unfortunately, it can happen. If you had an experience that wasn’t up to scratch, share why you’re giving a negative review with truthful, objective and helpful comments. You might want to check our Review Guidelines (and take a deep breath) before you start writing.
Ready to write your review on True Local? Let’s get started…
- Log-in to your True Local account, or sign up if you haven’t registered yet. You can sign-up using your email address or one of your social media accounts. If you’ve signed up using an email address, you’ll receive an email to verify your address before you can log-in.
- Find the listing of the business you wish to review and click the ‘ADD REVIEW’ button.
- Select a star rating – you have the option to give half star ratings too! In the text box, share your experience and write your review. Once you’re happy with your review, click ‘Post Review’
Every review is moderated before (or shortly after) being published on the site. This ensures every review adheres to our Review Guidelines. You’ll be notified when your review is published so keep an eye on your inbox.
And that’s your first review complete. May it be the first of many.