Christopher Pope creates wonderfully realistic portraits of Australia's diverse bird species and wildlife. His skillful representations of his subjects are often mistaken for photographs, capturing delightfully intimate encounters with shy and elusive subjects, leaving a lasting impression on the viewer.
The artist has been commissioned several times to illustrate Australia Post stamps and has won several awards including Australia Post Most Popular Stamp Issue for the series 'Australian Songbirds' (2009) and has been a finalist in the prestigious Waterhouse Art Prize twice in recent years.
Christopher paints to illustrate the beauty and fragility of our natural wildlife.
LIMITED EDITION PRINTS (online sales):
Art House Reproductions
GALLERIES CURRENTLY SHOWING:
* Main Street Gallery, Montville, Queensland
* Red Sea Gallery, Brisbane, Queensland
* Hahndorf Academy, Hahndorf, South Australia
* Red Poles, McLaren Vale, South Australia
* Milan Rouge Contemporary Craft & Design, Stirling, South Australia ...read more