Peace of Mind Home Inspections is a local building inspection Company with over 23 years experience in the building trade.
We are experts at conducting thorough building inspections of houses for prospective buyers. We provide an open, honest and unbiased opinion of the building and many other aspects of the property. We also give objective advice on how to overcome any problems encountered.
What Is Inspected in a building inspection? (where access is available)
* Roof - covering, sagging, flashings, gutters, skylight, chimney, fascias.
* Exterior - drainage, eaves, wall cladding, trim, doors, decks, stairs, timber.
* Masonry - salt/ rising damp, cracking, subsidence, mortar, damp proof course.
* Attic - roof structure, signs of water leakage, access, party walls.
* Interior - walls, ceiling, floors, doors, windows,cupboards,
* Kitchen - cupboards, drawers, bench tops, sink, taps, visible plumbing,
* Bathroom - tiles, caulking, grout, shower/screens, bath, vanity, toilet, visible plumbing.
* Fireplaces - hearth, mantle, vents, chimney.
* Structural - (visible only) foundations, footings, framing (walls, floors, roof), lintels.
* Insulation - batts, vapor barrier, down light shrouds, fire hazards.
* Ventilation - roof, soffits, bathroom, laundry.
* Plumbing - (visible only) water source, distribution system, leaking pipes, drainage, related piping, water hammer, water pressure, tap operation, toilet operation.
* Electrical - (visible only), polarity, switches, power points,lights.
If access is possible we will check sub floor in timber floorboard constructions.We also check fencing, retaining walls, driveways, paving, pergolas, verandas, garage, carport, sheds, painting, privacy concerns and much more.We have state-of-the-art moisture meter technology which can detect moisture 30mm below surfaces.
Timber pest inspections: Termites, borers, fungal decay.
Swimming pool ...read more
Have a picture to share?
Upload it to help other users learn more about this business.
Massive thanks to Micheal and Mike for their friendly, professional and efficient service. I had the house and pest inspections done on the same day and was super-duper impressed with their amazing attention to detail. The reports came back fast and were extremely detailed and thorough. Everything beyond expectation, couldn't be happier!
Thanks very much for your positive review. We are very pleased that you liked our service as customer satisfaction is very important to us. Best of luck with your purchase and enjoy your new home.
Service provided was extremely efficient and accommodating. The inspection and report on our recently purchased investment property was detailed and thoroughly comprehensive. The inspector engaged by Peace of Mind was punctual in providing by phone a summary of the written report that followed.
The report was very useful in identifying issues that needed to be addressed before renting the property. Other details will form the basis of our ongoing monitoring of the property's condition. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail will see you happy with Peace of Mind's service
Being a first home owner I have found myself feeling out of depth with a lot of the house buying process. I had no idea what to look for when inspecting the building of a potential property. Knowing that Michael from Peace of Mind Home Inspections was tough and efficient was a relief. The inspection was arranged, completed and reported on in record time. He spent time showing me through the house and pointing out each area of his report with helpful tips on how to fix it. His report was comprehensive, concise and easy to understand (i'm a female with no handy man know how). Thanks Michael.
Massive thanks to Michael for the quick and excellent assistance he provided for our building inspection. His report was very detailed and covered everything and more that I would have expected. Cost was also I feel very reasonable. I will be recommending Michael to friends.
In the past, I've had a "mate of the family" who's a builder check over any properties I was a serious about purchasing in return for "a slab of beer" - not this time, no way!
It's been some years since my last property purchase and boy have the property values and prices gone up. read more