I'm John Salmon and I have been running Salmon Plumbing for over 20 years now.
I started Salmon Plumbing to offer a service to give people the best options in hot water and help with the changes that government incentives and changing requirements have meant for you, our customer. Why deal with us? What makes us different from all the others trying to sell you a hot water system and plumbing services?
1. We have the track record and we are here to stay: We have been providing plumbing and hot water service and advise in Brisbane for over 20 years, and we plan to be around for another 20 as well
2. We're centrally located in Albion and we service the entire Brisbane metropolitan area.
3. We consider our team to be our biggest asset, more than half of our team have completed their apprenticeship with us and become fully licenced plumbers. They have become an integral part of our business and continued on to help our customers.
4. All licenced tradesmen undergo continual professional development including technical skills upgrades, customer service and product training.
5. Your call will be answered and you wont get an answering machine. We have a dedicated scheduling team ready to take your details and help you with your enquiry.
6. We used computerised scheduling systems and all our vehicles are tracked by satelite navigation. Which means that we can send our plumbers to you on time anywhere in the metropolitan Brisbane area.
7. Your plumbing emergency doesn't always happen during regular 9 to 5 hours so we're available to help you 24 hours 365 days a year.
So I hope we hear from you and even if you do not end up buying a hot water system from us I am sure that we can provide you with some valuable ...read more
Salmon plumbing installed a Rheem Lowline Solar water Heater for me, $4,600. A few years later it faulted. They sent out an inexperienced plumber who replaced a number of parts and announced the unit was operational Cost $1,186. Despite the unnecessary replacement of a swag of parts the unit was not repaired until 2 weeks later they sent out a supervisor with the original plumber to train him on this unit and with an additional bill of $473, we were blessed with hot water. Yes I complained at the time and was treated very badly with an aggressive and rude response over the phone. Now less than 2 years later the unit is faulting again. Will I be ringing Salmon, not on your life? I won't risk that again.
Terrible service and unprofessional company director. Salmon plumbing sent out a plumber once while I was not at home. I felt the time the plumber took to investigate the issue was a lot longer that I expected. When I spoke to the company director John Salmon, I simply asked for more details of the work the plumber did for 1.5hours (other than recommending 'further investigation') and the exact start/finish time, but he refused my request, became very defensive and asked me to 'shut up'. We will NEVER recommend this business to anyone.
I have used Salmon to install my hotwater system and had no problem. I also had them change over a toilet suite- more expensive than others in both occasions but you pay for what looks like a professional company..
That is why i returned as a customer as they had done standard jobs without a problem. They were on time and quoted $500 including $60 in parts to replace a sink and at the same time plumb the new dishwasher and remove the insinkerator when changing the same size sink.
Actual charge was $837 and this was after a "pensioner discount " of $89. They took 4 and 3/4 hours to do the job. Parts were $140 not $60 as quoted.
This consisted of a call out fee of $150 plus $550 for labour. The description of the work required was very accurate and the quote was 60% out from theread more
That sounds both unprofessional and dodgy. Glad I read your review as I now know to look elsewhere. I would hope you would not use them again for anything at all.
Very poor!!! I was overcharged for their labour and when I brought that to the plumbers attention and then to management's attention, they said "lady, no one else ever notices". Stay clear of these guys!!!
Unfortunately, as you have posted with anonymity we are not aware of your particular circumstance, however at face value, this review does not seem quite right. It is our policy wherever possible, to advise of all foreseeable costs prior to commencement of any works (as evidenced by the positive reviews below).
Please contact our office and I will be more than happy to discuss this further with you.