Witness 7 secret moments that hardly anyone knows about. Our detectives have collected twenty secrets from Melbourneâ??s notorious past. We have released the first 7. Some are rumours, some are urban legends, some are facts but all are entertaining. Grab your headphones and set off on this self-guided walking tour of Melbourne. In about 2 hours we will take you to 7 secret locations were at each stop you are whisked back in time to a particular moment and experience the characters and situation as it happened.
The 7 secrets
1. Be in the room at Madame Brusselâ??s secret brothel when a prostitute gets paid with crown jewels in 1891.
2. Be in the laneway on a dark night where a mob victimâ??s body is dumped and a clever chef disposes of it inside dim sim in the 1920s.
3. Police have gone on strike deserting the city centre on cup day in 1923. Be on the street with violence and looting all around you as the State tries to recruit help.
4. Walk up the spiral staircase to the tower with a young teen-ager intent on assassinating one of the Beatles in 1964.
5. Meet two stone gargoyles that have witnessed secret bank deals and break their hundred year silence today.
6. Be part of the last call centre shift when the landlord brings down the major telco, One.tel, at midnight in 2000.
7. Be rockinâ?? out in the coolest nightclub at 2am when the police break in and 400 people get strip searched in 1994.
Professional actors recreate the words, the emotions, and the story in high quality stereo dramatizations. You get the chance to be a fly on the wall and hear it ...read more